AP English Help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: AP English Help!
By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

My school is offering the AP English test for $13, and was wondering if I should take it. I'm not enrolled in English AP, but I'm taking American Lit. Honors. I've read novels such as the Scarlet Letter, The Grapes of Wrath, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, as well as many others. I wanted to get your guy's opinion for those who have taken the AP test, on how the English AP test is set up, and what is required for me to know???????

By Imac7477 (Imac7477) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Depends on which test you mean...Language or Literature

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Heck yeah! $13? That's over $60 off the regular price. Buy a prep book and take advantage of it! Unless "the AP English test" is an old practice test.

I would say that if the exam is gonna cost you $13 to take in May (why'd they chose that figure?) I would definitely go for it. That's the closest we are gonna get to a five-finger discount with TCB,

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

I would wait till you take the class, even though it's only $13, what's the point if you only get a 3?

By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Thanks, I might as well go for it since it's $13. Even if I haven't taken an AP language class, I might as well try to gain college credit =)

The reason why I only have to pay $13 is because our school, as well as other schools in my disctrict has paid for, or the state has paid for a percentage of what the usual price is...

Woo! Hoo! $13!!

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

Yeah, $13 is quite the deal, but don't bother if you haven't had extensive experience writing analytical essays. And by analytical, I mean the most boring, dry essays on earth that examine how an author's "tone", "style", or use of "rhetorical devices" establishes a greater meaning or supports a theme.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

TAKE IT!!! Even if you make a three, I presume it would look good when colleges find out you took english (not AP) and took the exam.

If I were in your shoes, this would be a no-brainer. Unless your parents are destitute, I would definitely take it. I mean, its thirteen freakin dollars! That's half of what the SAT or ACT cost to take!

By Philntex (Philntex) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Definitely go for it, but be sure to put in the time to study. AP Eng Lang is hard enough in the class; I couldn't imagine self-studying. But hey, if our school offered tests for $13, I'd probably take an AP Art History test or something ;)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page