LAST WEEK OF LIFE - before the 27th SAT - WHat to do

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: LAST WEEK OF LIFE - before the 27th SAT - WHat to do
By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

What do you guys suggest we do if we are taking the SAT on the 27th (a week away)? Cram? Take practice tests? Sleep?

By Thepiskickass (Thepiskickass) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:47 pm: Edit

I don't know. I'm studying and eating(I don't eat that much) and sleeping(I don't sleep that much normally either.) I'm so scared. I really want a 1600. Okay. I'm going to go have a seizure now!

By Freudboy (Freudboy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:31 am: Edit

chill out

By Osnapjew (Osnapjew) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

i think you get to a certain point where, no matter what, you're going to get 1400+.

after that it's just vocab. look over vocab every night except friday...if you review on friday, you'll start seeing words w/ which you aren't familiar & freak out

dun do it =)

By Sabinscabin (Sabinscabin) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:19 am: Edit

to me the biggest problem that is standing in my way of getting 1600 is math

i have consistently gotten 800 verbal, (actually never gotten less than it) on the 10 reals, and im not even an english person, im definitely a math person

the infamous stupid mistakes are what keep me from the 800 math, and the real problem is that there really is no book i can buy or class I can take to help me with stupid mistakes

By Altsuperhero (Altsuperhero) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

i'm still looking to get into that mental zone ... i had it going into the psat's and the sat ii's i took last year and earlier this year, but i'm still trying to find it for the sat's ...

confidence boosters are harder and harder to find

By Bhaiyu87 (Bhaiyu87) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:56 pm: Edit

i get high 700's math but i constantly keep on getting low 600's verbal. MY goal is to cross 700 in verbal. What do you geniuses suggest i do to improve my score.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

You really have to see what are your weaknesses in verbal and then work on those.

I have a problem. I used up all the math sections in my 10 Real SATs book, but I would like to do another practice test before the March SAT. I haven't taken the first test in the book in over a year. Should I retake that one (because I've forgotten all of the questions anyway) or would you advise me against that. Thanks.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

My "preparation" will be trying my hardest not to drink/smoke my brain into oblivion during this Spring Break week.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 02:29 pm: Edit

Yes, dumb math mistakes are keeping me away from a 800 on math. I guess the atmosphere of the test will help me buckle down and focus.

As for verbal, I agree that there is a certain point when you just get the same scores over and over when you take practice tests. I keep getting high 600s or low 700s. I analyzed my mistakes and found that most are either due to vocab.

By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

Just to step back from the boasting of "i get an 800 all the time..." and go back to the original question..

Do whatever works for you. Personally, I'm *very* superstitious. I didn't do well on the first SAT2 I took, and then before my PSATs I did a bunch of ceremonial things to get me "prepared" right before the test. Then I did well on my PSATs, and did the same ceremony plus a few more things right before the writing SAT2 in January. Did well on that too, so now before this SAT I'm gonna go nuts. Call me cultish if you will, but the point is: do whatever makes you comfortable and prepared.

I'm gonna be studying every day right up to the test. Good luck to everyone, and see you in the winners circle.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

what are those witch rituals called...seance?

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Don't do anything the night before except relax. Do some practice problems or a practice test or two this week, and focus on weak areas, but don't cram the night before. You'll fry your brain.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page