PRINCETON HARD?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: PRINCETON HARD?!
By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:44 am: Edit

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone out there thinks the practice SAT tests from the Princeton Review book are harder than the tests in the 10 Real SAT book. I know that's a stupid question because they both contain real SAT tests so it's not like they made them up. It seems as though I always score ridiculously lower on the Princeton Review tests than I do on the 10 Real SAT ests. Which should I rely on as what will be the closest score to ny SAT score? Thanx

By Gastudent123 (Gastudent123) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

I want to know the same thing especially with the verbal section of Princeton Review, but I think that the scores you get from 10RS are more accurate.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

By the way, the Princeton Review company does make up their own tests. The ones from 10 Real SATs (and others from the College Board) are the only real, already administered tests.

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

So if i got to extremely (really radical) different test scores i should rely on the 10Reals as a better indicator?

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

i did a practice PR test in verbal and got a 670 but on a 10 RS test(verbal) and got a 560.could've been a fluke

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

bump

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Yes, 10 real SATs is generally a better indicator. However, there are always other factors on test day, such as anxiety, that could affect your score.

By Macadamiamin (Macadamiamin) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Princeton Review's vocab is generally harder. Their math (from my own personal experience) is easier when it gets to the harder problems.

Well... finishing up my PR course this week and test on Saturday. I guess I'll know for sure then if my practice tests in PR were much lower than my actual score... hopefull yes! :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page