SAT MATH URGENT!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: SAT MATH URGENT!
By Certitude (Certitude) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Hi, I need help with the Math portion of the SAT. I am taking the SAT in 10 days (March 27) and I was wondering if any of people who are good at math or other people who brought their math score up in a week or so could help me? I am scoring a 560 in Math when I SHOULD be scoring a 700. Please?

Thanks.
-certitude

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 07:54 pm: Edit

Wow 140 pts. in 10 days?
I brought up my score 80 pts. in like 3 weeks (690-770). All I did was umm..nothing. Just take like 5 practice tests in 10 Real SAT's and use Gruber's. You need to study HARD though, thats alot of points in such a short amount of time,
Best of Luck!
Haitham

By Certitude (Certitude) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

anything else? i cant do grubers in a week! how about kaplan or pr?

By Mult1taskr (Mult1taskr) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:13 am: Edit

if you get stuck on any math problems, try working backwards.

in other words, figure out which ones CAN'T be the answer, instead of trying to figure out the problem itself. kind of vague what i said, but hopefully you know what i mean.

all i did to prepare for sat's was get that huge book of 10 real sat's. i did two of em. not bad, i got a perfect on math.

By Co0 (Co0) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

The SAT math on 10 Real SAT's is considerably harder than the math on recent administrations. The difference is most clearly seen on the level 4 and 5 difficulty problems. In 10 Real SATs, they seem weirder, more confusing, and more subjective. The level 4 and 5 problems on recent administrations are more straight-forward and just seem a lot more solvable (The October 2003 administration, for example). Trust me, you will do better.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page