What's the best way to study for SAT 2 writing?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: What's the best way to study for SAT 2 writing?
By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Writing is not like chem and phy where you just read and do practice qs. How would you guys, who have taken writing and did well on it, recommend others study? What are some of the things, if you could go back, you would definitely do and what or something you wouldn't do? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

thx

-Mehere

By Welshie (Welshie) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

The best advice I have heard and what worked best for me was to do the practice tests and to review all the questions/answers again and nail down the concepts. Using this technique my practice scores went from 590/600 up to 700 in a matter of 3 practice tests (from Kaplans) and all the way up to a 740 on the real deal.

-Jesse

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:32 am: Edit

I agree with Jesse. The more you practice, the better. Get PR's Cracking the SAT II Writing and Lit - excellent for practice.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

So would you say that reading the book is really a waste of time if i read it over too many times?

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Take AP English.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page