SATI prep books...help me not waste time

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: SATI prep books...help me not waste time
By Missj (Missj) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

hi i'm taking the SATI for the second time in june and i want to spend my time as wisely as possible =) i already did most of the 10realSATs book. perhaps i will retake some of the tests in there if i have time. using the online SAT novel on sparknotes (busted) for vocab. i also have kaplan SATI prep books from my kaplan SAT class (still stuff left in those books for me to practice), but not the kaplan1600 one. so right now i borrowed a barron's and princeton SAT1 book from my friends. i heard the vocab list in princeton is pretty good so i'm studying out of there too.
-how are the practice tests in both? which one should i take practice tests out of first?
-which of those books should i practice the verbal section or both are good? or both aren't that great? what about math?
-should i buy/borrow kaplan1600 or any other SAT1 prep book? please recommend =)

thanks!!

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I have not done any Kaplan tests but the Princeton Review ones are really good. Definitely use them for verbal - they're the best for verbal, vocab and otherwise. I think there's a second book of real SATs, but I can't recall for sure. You should be well prepared with all that stuff.

By Missj (Missj) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 12:29 am: Edit

thanks!!

yeah i think there's a second book of real SATs in which they added two new tests. anyone else have any input?

By Missj (Missj) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

hm anything useful i can get out of the barron's book? =P

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page