Sat II Bio and Sat IIc Math Question!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: Sat II Bio and Sat IIc Math Question!!!
By Meekchun (Meekchun) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

hey im a sophomore right now taking precalc and AP stat
i heard various suggestions that i should take the Sat llc test soon because theres precalc stuff on it.
Well, i just took the diagnosis test and there was a LOT of stuff that i had not learned in precalc yet (we're in the 3rd marking period now).
WHen do you think i should take that Sat iic math test? (Also, should i take the Sat Ic test too?)

Also, i didnt get into AP Bio (our schools extremely hard - ranked top 10 in nation (Millburn HS) so im in just ACC Bio now- do you think i should still try to take the Sat II Bio Test?

i appreciate any inputs. thanks

By Arow (Arow) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Well obviously if you don't know the stuff and isn't going to learn it by yourself then don't take the math iic. What do you want us to say?

Anyway, you don't need AP bio for sat ii. I didnt take it and I still got a decent score.

By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

No, you don't have to take the ic test. As far as I can remember, there doesn't seem to be too many stats questions on the iic exam. ( I can't really say what AP Stats teachs because I have never taken the course.)

There are a lot of Precal/ Algebra 2 stuff in the test. you should take the test after you finish precal. I have no idea what the 3rd marking period is.

you don't have to take ap bio to do well in satii bio. I have never taken this test but have seen several practice exams. If you take biology for one year and anatomy and physiology for another, you should do well.

An alternative is to just self-study.

What is ACC bio?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

If you're only a sophmore then you can wait to take the math IIC. I haven't taken it but I'm assuming that you would probably do better when you're learning calc?

AP Bio is definately not required to do well on the SAT II. I took the SAT II after I took a freshman bio course (very basic) and I got 800. I'm taking the AP bio next year (I'm a junior now).

By Varr (Varr) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:22 pm: Edit

Im a current sophomore ,and I will take the SATII MATH IIc, next year, but first the NEW SAT, that way I can have some more math , fresh in mind, and heck im suher i can do great on the SATII MATH IIC

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page