AP Spanish or Honors Spanish IV?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: AP Spanish or Honors Spanish IV?
By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Pretty soon I have to decide on what courses I will take next year. I don't have to take a foreign language next year. However, I do feel that taking spanish for four years is good for colleges to look at and for personal benefits. However, I am not sure if I am ready for the AP Spanish exam. My teacher claims that she has taught almost everything that we will need to know for the spanish exam. However, I still feel a little shaky on my grammar and speaking and comprehension. Do you think that I should take the exam and go for AP? Or do you think that I should go for Honors Spanish IV? (Spanish III was honors also.)

By Robert456 (Robert456) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Honors Spanish 4 really is not going to stand out like AP. It will be nice, but everyone who applies to competitive schools take 4 years of a FL. I would take it unless you think that with your other AP classes that it would be too much work.

By Cmck (Cmck) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:12 pm: Edit

This year, I'm taking A.P. Spanish. It's really not that bad - there's tons of vocabulary and lots of training for the test, but it's pretty easy to keep up with the class, as long as you do your work. I'd recommend that you take the A.P., because it looks great for college. ~CMcK.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page