How Many Times Can/Should I take SAT II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: How Many Times Can/Should I take SAT II?
By Solidus (Solidus) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

How many times should I take a SAT II?
(I know for the SAT I the College will see how many times you took it and each of the scores.)

Will they know this for SAT II tests too?
Is it okay if I take it like 4 times or something?

Thanks.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:24 pm: Edit

You don't really have time to take the SAT II 4 times, but even if you did, it's a bad idea. The SAT IIs test subject knowledge and if you don't have enough knowledge on a topic to do well, don't even take the SAT II! If you don't do well in math but have to take SAT II Math, then ask a teacher for help or get a tutor before taking any for the first time.

Don't plan on taking any of them more than twice. Prepare properly and you shouldn't have to.

By Solidus (Solidus) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

No, that was an example I dont think I will need to take my SAT IIs more than twice (maybe 3 times for one of em) But only if colleges dont know about how many times one has taken it previously. If that is the case, practice makes perfect and what beter way to practice than by the real thing!

P.S.- Yoyo, what do you mean I dont have time, the tests are a hour long, and if you are referring to preparation time, consider what you yourself said: "The SAT IIs test subject knowledge" and I have of course taken the subject for the test.

By Solidus (Solidus) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

Anybody know if it is true? Do colleges see past scores and the number of times taken for SAT II subject tests, like they do for the SAT I?

By Solidus (Solidus) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

bump-anyone? My friend had stated that but I am skeptical. But if its true then that would be awesome. There's no doubt that I can get an 800 in a third try.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Yes, collegeboard sees all your scores, which means ALL your SAT I's AND SAT II's (unless you had score choice from way back when it was available)

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:00 pm: Edit

What I mean is that if you're going to take the SAT I and/or ACT a few times, and take a few SAT IIs, possibly more than once, you probably won't have enough available test dates. And honestly, you'd be spending a lot more time on these tests than you should be, when grades and ECs and essays should be more of the focus.

They do see every score so repeated retakes are visible to them. The College Board puts out some sample tests, and prep books have them too, so you shouldn't plan on practicing with real tests on test day. Waste of time and money.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page