AP Euro/Chem

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: AP Euro/Chem
By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Okay here is my situation: I have 2 months till the AP Exams (not to mention the Sats, final exams, etc but we won't get into that), and I really don't know ANYTHING in neither of the subjects.

For AP Chem, I've literally failed every single one of my tests (w/o the curve). However, my teacher keeps on saying that if I could get around 60% correct on the MC's, then I can most likely get a 5.

I am also worried about AP Euro, because my teacher is fairly stupid. When he gives us tests, for instance, they are always in an essay format. Meaning, we have nothing but essay tests. I've been consistently getting 6-7's on these essay tests, but I tend to question his grading scale at times, because I NEVER read the book or participate in any discussions whatsoever.

So, to sum it up, is it possible for me to get 5's on both of these tests, especially with my lack of knowledge and time, if I cram for the next two months? Any study guide/website recommendatios or "miracle stories" would be greatly appericiated, and as usual, thank you.

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 04:14 am: Edit

bump

By Cybernetica (Cybernetica) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 03:38 pm: Edit

we've already posted on acing the euro...check out some of my earlier posts

chem is logical but hard (imo)...spacechick on this board seems to be a fan of the pr guide...obviously check out the zumdahl textbook as well

order practice exams from store.collegeboard.com

good luck,
s

By Spacechic20 (Spacechic20) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 01:04 am: Edit

a 60% MC on chem will probably not give you a five. My chem teacher last yr told us breakdown was like this:

50-66% overall = 3
67-74% = 4
75%+ = 5

Now, this is overall. I thought the free response was easier than the MC, so maybe your teacher is assuming you'll do well on free response.
PS- know net ionic equations. i think this really really helped me get a 5.

By Conker (Conker) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:09 am: Edit

There are 75 problems on the AP Chem exam. If your raw score is at least 60-65%, you will be well on your way to getting a 5. This, of course, doesn't mean that you can get away with getting 60-65% of the problems right. With the guessing penalty factored in, you have to get around 70% of the problems correct.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page