Dividing Studying Time

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: Dividing Studying Time
By Dmxdawg (Dmxdawg) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

All right, I'm taking 5 APs and 3 SAT IIs, plus the SAT in March.

I'm swamped.
What should I do?
I know I don't have to study that much for US history. But my other APs are difficult (Except for maybe English, I 'm confiden I can get a 5 in that)
rest are Phys C , Calc BC, and Latin Vergil (I heard this was difficult!)

The SAT IIs should be US history, probably lit, and math II C.

I'm a junior, so this is my most pertinent year.

HELP ME!

By Mysticaura (Mysticaura) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:45 am: Edit

I am in the same situation with 3 ap tests and 3 sat iis anyone have any tips?? or is it ok to take sat 2s in october?? but im guessing no if you apply ed??

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:46 am: Edit

yeah i know how you guys feel. same situation here too. ehh... plus i have to take SAT Is in may. -_-;
this is like hell in a box.
especially since i am not super smart like most people here.

By Ohana (Ohana) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

8 APs + 3 SAT II's...and 2 major national competitions to study for...looks like we're in for a hell of a lot of fun.

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 01:28 pm: Edit

Ive got 2 APs, but we learn nothing in the classes, so I have to completely learn it on my own. Plus the SATI in May, and hopefully three SATIIs in June.

Swamped.

By Altsuperhero (Altsuperhero) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 01:57 pm: Edit

well, I took all of my SAT II's during my sophomore and early junior year. I'm taking SAT's in March, and three AP's in May.

I'll be well prepared for the AP US History and the Calc BC, but our biology teacher has not prepared us well so I may have to learn a 75% of the course.

Yeah, compared to the previous posters, I have a pretty easy road.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Why do you guys push everything onto your junior year? You couldve taken the APs next year or sophmore year and now you guys got so much stuff to do and so little time. My recommendation: shut off the computer and get cracking

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 07:49 pm: Edit

>>Why do you guys push everything onto your junior year?

Being from a small school without much scheduling freedoms, the junior year was the first year I could take any AP classes (with prerequisites and such).

Taking APs senior year won't help admissions. Colleges won't see my AP test scores for my senior year before they choose to admit me or not.

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Those of you who are swamped already realize the scarcity of time, but you should also consider how dividing your study focus among unrelated subjects diminishes the effectiveness of the time you do spend.

If you have social lives, you can consider sacrificing that without guarantee of improved performance on tests. If you have exhausted you time resources, then perhaps you achieved a resonable capacity and should simply accept the fact that you can do no more. Congratulate yourself on your perseverence regardless of final outcome.

By Lyralily (Lyralily) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:03 am: Edit

SATI in March.
Two SATIIs the first week of May.
Two AP tests the second week of May.
One SATII the beginning of June.
Maybe SATI again in June.
Then, finals.

Oh, the joy.

I really need to cut down on my computer time. Aiee.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 11:04 am: Edit

Wow, lyralily, you must be amazing to be able to take BOTH an SAT II and a SAT I in June :)

By Number9 (Number9) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

hehe...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page