Should I take three SAT IIs on one day?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: Should I take three SAT IIs on one day?
By Themabrklyn (Themabrklyn) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

I am thinking of taking the SAT II Lit, Writing, and US History in June. Should I take all three on the same day? Should I put one or two off for later? I am currently taking AP US History and AP English Lit, so should I just get the SAT IIs over with?
--Dave

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

I don't see why you can't. I did, at the last minute in my senior year. :)

By Themabrklyn (Themabrklyn) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

Anyone else?

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

the test part isnt the problem, the studying part is. How are you going to cram three subjects into your mind over a period of time. I'd recommend studying one, taking one. Flushing that garbage out your head, then studying another one, taking another test ...etc...

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

all the people i know who have taken sat ii's have taken three in one sitting. it's a pretty common thing to do, so i don't think it'll be a huge problem for you.

By Gabushida (Gabushida) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

Its doable, but its tiring. I never took more than two at once, but I took the ones that matched up with AP's during the May testing - kill two birds with one stone for studying (or that was the IDEA at least - I didnt study :b)

By Colgatekid (Colgatekid) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I wouldn't recommend it. Gabushida has the right idea too. take the SATII in the subject that you just took an AP in and you should get away with a good score without really studying. Worked like a charm for me. just don't go for the marathon three SATII's. it's really not worth it. think of it as another hour that you could have spent catching up on sleep.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 08:31 am: Edit

My son did those 3 at the same time, right at the end of his junior year. He didn't bother doing any additional study because he had just taken his finals, including in US History. He got great scores, and wasn't stressed out by the SATIIs.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 08:45 am: Edit

I would not encourage taking 3 tests at once, even if you can study for them. By the third test, you won't have the energy to perform at 100%. This, speaking from experience.

By Artic (Artic) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Through experience I would say split them up if you can. I took the chem test with out anythin else and i got a 720. Later i took M1c, m2c and writing all in one shot, and the scores werent as good. I got a 680 in 1c, 690 in 2c and really bad for writing because I didn't spend much time studying.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page