When to wake up

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: When to wake up
By Drangocar (Drangocar) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

I was wondering when you guys woke up in the morning before taking the SAT. I am not a morning person so I was wondering if waking up really early (4-5 am) and going for a jog or something could help. I took the SAT once (1400) and ACT twice (34). Just a thought

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

i've heard that suggested to kids who aren't morning people, so you might want to try it. i personally would get up a few hours before the test, go to starbucks and do a crossword puzzle or something. i think if you've been awake for long enough before the test, that's all that matters.

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

I change my mind every time. For the ACT last June, I woke up at 7:15 or so, drove to the center, went in groggy-eyed, and came out with a 34. For the Feb. test this year, I woke up early, did all the 'brain exercise' stuff, like looking over formulas and crap, and ate a well-sized breakfast and pulled a 35. So, it could matter for some people, while other people just function (or don't) the same regardless of their morning routine.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I think getting up a few hours before the test is crucial. I cant possibly comprehend how the brain can get in gear for a 3 hour in depth tricky test when it has been non functional for 7+ (hopefully you get that much sleep) hours.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page