740M SAT I- should i retake?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: 740M SAT I- should i retake?
By Silmon77 (Silmon77) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

On the Jan SAT, i got a 1530(740M, 790V). I am happy with my verbal score, but since i want to be an engineer, should i retake it? I'm going to apply to Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Princeton?, Rice?, and Northwestern. Will any of these schools care if a i get a better math score, or should i not bother? I need to know soon if I want to apply for the March one.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

Might be worth it for Princeton and Stanford (where, it would seem, you can't be too perfect). SAT's II's are very important and you don't want to skimp on those. Are you trying to get your SAT I out of the way before senior year?

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 04:43 am: Edit

IMO, if you are confident of getting a 780+, then resit. If not, then don't bother. Your score is alreay good.

By Robert456 (Robert456) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 05:20 pm: Edit

Why not? It can't hurt

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

740 M means that on a good day, you'll get an 800. So go for it, if you want to be an engineer, which is math related.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page