SAT Timing--Strategies to finish each section in time

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: SAT Timing--Strategies to finish each section in time
By Romastaflex (Romastaflex) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

wsup ppl
i was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to improve my score. the thing is whenever i take a timed practice test i get a horrible score like 1100-1190. but wen i take an untimed test with no pressure i get around a 1350. wut are some ways i can get done with each section faster and be more confident in my answers w/o triple checking them. im takin the sat in march (27th) so i really need ur advice. thanks

By Gunsharp (Gunsharp) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 06:09 pm: Edit

I would tell you to be more confident with your answers so that you won't have to triple check them. Do the problems at a pace where you get the ones that you should get right and still have time to complete the section. What it all comes down to is how much you know...just take the test naturally and don't get all nervous. Basically...if you want to do the section faster, you have to know the material better and confidence is something that is gained from your knowledge.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

Work on your fundamentals more, before taking any more timed tests. Also I would use the strategies in Cracking the SAT book. They are very good for timing.

By Romastaflex (Romastaflex) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

thanks fer the tips gunship n yoyomama. more posts welcome :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page