Cliffs AP Bio-the best?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: Cliffs AP Bio-the best?
By Maryville (Maryville) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

I'm taking the AP Biology exam and have heard excellent reviews on Cliffs AP Bio on amazon. Has anyone used this book? and what's your opinion? Thanks.

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 01:51 am: Edit

i have the barron's and had great reviews on that one

By Yugekorb (Yugekorb) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

i use cliff's but my library has barrons and another one, five steps to a 5 i think. i will use those for practice questions during the break b4 teh exam, but i'm basically sticking w/ cliff's for notes. i might look at the others'. i've heard cliff's works the best, but also good reviews from barrons. good luck

By Lyralily (Lyralily) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

My AP biology teacher recommended Cliff's to us. She's amazing, and usually has a pretty good scattering of 5s in her class, so I trust her opinion on the book. I bought it and it's exactly what it claims to be: a good review book. You do need to know the material from class, etc. beforehand, but the Cliffs is pretty good.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

I'm using the Campbell Biology book and so far Cliff's has covered pretty much everything, and it's much more student friendly.

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Cliff's has become my best friend for AP Biology.

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Are Cliff's questions accurate pretty much in regard to the AP test?

I have Cliff's, but I'm stuck with a lousy teacher and textbook.

By Maverick27 (Maverick27) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

yeah yo my textbook is freakin "inquiry into life" by sylvia mader. sux so much. focuses too much on human stuff. damn. im gonna fail.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page