What are the 3 easiest sat 2's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: December 2003 Archive: What are the 3 easiest sat 2's
By Ratserutuf (Ratserutuf) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 04:52 pm: Edit

just wondering, cause i have to take three for like all the colleges i want to aplly to.

By Callofthewind (Callofthewind) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Writing is required for most, chemistry is SUPER easy if you take at least honors chem, i would try math1c too but the curve is brutal for that test.

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 11:05 pm: Edit

it really depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are. !! obviously.

By Warriorlax22 (Warriorlax22) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 12:51 am: Edit

"chemistry is SUPER easy if you take at least honors chem"

not true. the top chem student at my school only got a 660 or 680. but, he took the physics sat ii and scored 780. so, i agree with jenny that it all depends on your strengths.

By Danes (Danes) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 01:30 am: Edit

Warriorlax, SAT's require a different approach. It has more to do with the test itself than with what's on the test. I know many people who've aced all their life in Math classes but ended up getting 700ish on their SAT math. One person I know got world distinction in A'level Mathematics(which is no joke) and much much much higher than American highschool mathematics but ended up getting 730 on Math IIC not that he didn't know the stuff, just that he wasn't skilled in taking standardised tests.
For SAT's even if you know everything from A to Z, you need to approach them differently from the way you do your school tests else you're score will be low.

By Warriorlax22 (Warriorlax22) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:55 am: Edit

we're talking about SAT II's, not SAT I's. for the I's, you need to have a pretty good understanding of how to solve puzzles. for the II's, you need to know what you're doing. they're subject tests, if you don't know the subject, you're going to fail. yes, you approach the II's much different than you approach the I's. for example, i can be in terrible condition and still do well on the II's, but i can't do that on the I's.

By Jnorsky18 (Jnorsky18) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 11:14 am: Edit

CHEM SAT2 - that killed me, i skipped a year in science and took chmem in 10th grade, got ok grades in the class, then studued for two weeks, and averaged a 750 on practice tests. Took the tests and got a 590, dam

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 12:32 pm: Edit

chem sat ii
chem honors - 550
chem ap - 730

so after taking AP chem, that test is pretty simple

By Merugo (Merugo) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

i'm a b-student in chem (last year.) i hadn't taken any chem class for about 6 months and i got a 720. it all depends on how well you grasped the curriculum in the class (i took regular, my school doesn't offer honors or AP.) i got the princeton review book for it, read it the week before the test, and i did ok. you have to score really high to get a good percentile score though (i was in the 82nd percentile. not cool.)

By Donotdisturb (Donotdisturb) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 02:19 am: Edit

math IIC and math IC was easy for me (i took IC for fun :p)

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 06:05 pm: Edit

try literature...im a pretty bad test taker but ive always done well on the critical reading sections of the SAT 1,and i ended up scoring a 700 on the lit

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit

I think a SAT II becomes much easier once you have taken an AP/honors class in that subject. I got a 700 Bio-M after taking AP bio, junior year.

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 10:21 pm: Edit

sat II chem = cake.

dude there are NO INHERRANTLY EASY SAT IIs! it depends on what you excel in. just picking 3 at random is STUPID!

By Korinfox (Korinfox) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 08:04 am: Edit

Sat II biology is pretty hard, because it is mostly memorizing stuff. I crammed for one month before the test after taking honors bio, and I got a 750 (I'm a pretty good studier....) It really depends what your strengths are tho, but I think you should take Math IIc instead of Ic, IIc has a far easier curve....

By Awe02 (Awe02) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 09:13 am: Edit

world history is by far the easiest SAT2, generous curve and the questions arent all that difficult.(but i always screw up standardized tests, ive never done a history test multiple choice, maybe coz im international and our tests dont work that way)

By Alphachimp (Alphachimp) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 06:59 pm: Edit

world history= easy (the curve is around 10 questions wrong for 800) me...800

math IIc= easy (of course I took precal and calculus at the same time as the test, imagine that had an effect) me...800

mathIc= harder than IIc me...740

physics= hard, but very, very generous curve

writing= a necessary evil

chem and bio= incredibly hard if you are not in ap or honors

good luck!

By Clipper (Clipper) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

How is Latin? Has anyone ever taken that one? What is the curve like??

By Tt16384 (Tt16384) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

The chem test was ridiculously hard for me (and I got a 5 on the AP exam). It tested really strange concepts and several of the answers were outright wrong. I only got a 750.

The Math IIC exam was easy.

If you're good at cranking out formulaic, trite essays in short periods of time and have a basic understanding of grammar you should do fine on the writing test.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Any recommendations for SAT 2 prep books for

Chemistry
Physics
Math
Writing
World history

THANKS

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page