SATII MATH IIC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SATII MATH IIC?
By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:57 am: Edit

HELP

A couple of months ago a bought a book for Math IC/IIC (Thomson/Peterson's SATII Success), and it was fairly easy! I got a perfect score on my diagnostic IIC test and nearly perfect on all the practice ones.

THEN

This week I bought another book because I finished the last one, and it was MUCH HARDER. MUCH MUCH HARDER (Barron's).

Now I want to know which is the more realistic for Math IIC...

Will there really be a lot of questions about permutations and polar graphs and vectors?? I haven't even learned these in school yet, and I've always taken the enriched programs (I live in Canada and our school doesn't have AP...)

I ONLY HAVE TWO DAYS BEFORE THE TEST :|

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:22 am: Edit

bump

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

Barrons is way harder....
A 35 or so on a barrons' test equals 800.
Its got quite a bit extra too.
Dont panic.

By Rohan_Gokhale (Rohan_Gokhale) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:23 pm: Edit

yeah... don't panic. barrons is WAY harder :P
i'm talking from personal experience. the night before the test i was "OMG! i'm screwed!!!I can't even answer 35 questions!!!"
i ended up getting a 780.

rohan

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:38 am: Edit

Barrons is definately a lot harder than the real thing. However, I would definately be farmiliar with permutations, and also polar graphs and vectors. Permutations will probably appear and polar graphs and vectors might appear. There also might be a question about parametric equations. Don't worry if you can't cover everything on the test, but if you have time to learn the concepts, you might get some easy points.

By Borglq (Borglq) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:24 am: Edit

wtf... barrons pisses me off, it should at least say that there exam is unrealistic, i not sure now which math to take, 1c or 2c.

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:10 am: Edit

I looked up all that stuff in the math text books that my Calc teacher lent me, but I still don't really understand. I mean I do, but I can't really apply them :( It's hard to just read text books and learn that way, I really need to have someone explain :(

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page