Averaging SAT scores and sending them online

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Averaging SAT scores and sending them online
By Emaciated (Emaciated) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Okay, I need some help/advice. Will some private schools average all of your SAT I scores after you take it a certain number of times? I currently have a 1420 and a 1470. Would it hurt if I sign up for the one in December? My top choice is UCLA, but I still want to try applying to some private schools.

Also, when you register for the SAT online and choose to use the option to send scores (a service included in the registration), will the scores for the SAT you just registered for get sent once it has been scored? I hope I said this clearly...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

By Goneinfivemin (Goneinfivemin) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

1. Depends on the school. Check with each one.
2. They will send all of your scores for any SATs and SATIIs you have taken.

By Emaciated (Emaciated) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

Yes, but does the score report only include the tests that have already been scored...or will it be sent after they have scored the latest test?

By Matlm (Matlm) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:09 pm: Edit

what schools average?

By Freudboy (Freudboy) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:52 pm: Edit

ive never heard of any averaging

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

I've heard at sometimes schools average if you have taken the SAT too many times (3+) I have no idea if this is true or not. good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page