SAT II's how many times is too many?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SAT II's how many times is too many?
By Clipse (Clipse) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 08:46 pm: Edit

i know most people dont take the sat's more that 3 times for UC's, but what about 2's? My situation is my top score is 1180 for SAT's after taking it twice but i need to take SAT II's in november, and then i signed up for it again in december because the II's are wieghted more. So is it bad to take the II's like 3 times, or should i focus more on my SAT I score? thanks in advanced for you advice

By Crashingwaves (Crashingwaves) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 10:45 pm: Edit

Don't take the IIs more than once unless you know you can get a better score.

By Iska (Iska) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Do what you think is best for you. Don't let anyone tell you how many times is too many. If you think you can raise your SAT II score, go for it; that is, if you can afford it money-wise and if you are willing to forfeit a few more Saturday mornings. A good score pays off at some schools where SAT II scores, even in the 500's, satisfy course requirements.

By Clipse (Clipse) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:25 pm: Edit

well my scores the first time around on the SAT II's werent great. 600 math IC, 600 writing, 510 literature, i am sure i can do better this time, so i plan to take it again on saturday. As far as taking it again in december, i signed up as backup incase i did not improve as much as i wanted to, really i just need 700's across the board.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page