AP histories

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: AP histories
By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I love history and really want to take all three AP history exams, but my school only offers APUSH and AP Euro. That said, I'm thinking of self-studying for the world history test, or trying to take a world history course at a community college, or even possibly taking a world history class through some kind of distance learning program. I suggest the last two only because I really want to get everything from the subject that I can, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to if I taught myself. So my question to all you is, has anyone self-studied for AP world history or any of the AP history tests? If so, did you feel like you got a lot of out of it? Also, how did go about doing it, like where did you find your textbook? did you use a lot of test prep books? did you work with writing essays along the way, and if so did you have someone grade/critique them for you? Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 12:54 am: Edit

I love history

why?

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:57 am: Edit

hehe, i have no idea.

*bump*

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 07:38 pm: Edit

bump

By Greekstyle (Greekstyle) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 08:52 pm: Edit

I bought an AP World History prep book and I love history too and was planning to do it. The good thing is that if you study you should do well as there really are a lot of resources out there to help you prepapre, as opposed to the AP Comparative Government exam which I really want to take but there are no study books!

World History is a lot harder though, and a lot more content is covered, particularly on ancient stuff.

By Dazedhyacinth (Dazedhyacinth) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 09:00 pm: Edit

A word on Comp Gov: the best resource for the class is the newspaper (or the BBC news, Current History, etc.) I took the class with a bad teacher and learned nothing within the school walls. I managed a 4 on the exam by reading back issues of Current History and using the REA review guide.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page