Doing the SAT as a standby, will I get the scores online?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Doing the SAT as a standby, will I get the scores online?
By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 06:40 am: Edit

Going for the Nov SAT on Saturday... the registration form doesn't have a space for "Collegeboard username" or anything of the sort, so I'm getting kinda worried. Will they equate the names/phone numbers or something and it'll magically appear on my current account?

Please reply asap, I need to know this...

By Thorne4rester (Thorne4rester) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:26 am: Edit

I will taking it on standby as well. If you really need to find out, I suggest you call them up real quick:
http://www.collegeboard.com/html/communications000.html

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 09:32 am: Edit

I'm an international student, and it would be an expensive call.. I've emailed them anyway, and last time they responded surpisingly quickly (within a day), so I'll see how that works out.

Another question: You have to bring the registration form with the payment (I'll be entering a credit card number) _sealed_ in an envelope, right? So how do they make sure it's you at the test centre (since you're supposed to bring ID)? And do they assign you a registration number on the spot or something?

Yes, I am a little paranoid about stuff.

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 09:35 am: Edit

If someone here who has gone through the standby process could tell me how it went down, it would be great.

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

Uhh..there's never a spot for collegeboard username. Your collegeboard account is linked by your social security number. So it'll be there online like everyone else.

Standby is the same as regular testing, you just don't know if you're gonna get in for sure as you don't preregister, and you have to pay a $30 fee. Everything else is the same.

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 12:49 pm: Edit

Um, I don't have a social security number, I'm an international student...

By Thorne4rester (Thorne4rester) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Elrohir, you need to stop worrying and living in fear. You should have real peace about this. I've been having an awesome relationship with God lately... I don't have any fear or worry. It's amazing. You can email me (click on my nickname) about it if you want to but no pressure of course.

They will take your envelope, then ask to see your ID before you enter the testing room. They will match your ID to the name on the outside of the envelope. It's like a joke. When I took the ACT on standby, I was also asked my name, social security number, and phone number... the test proctor wrote it down and I assume they will match it to the information in my registration packet. I am expecting the same process from College Board. Of course they will not require a Social Security number from you since you're international. I don't know what they require for international students... sorry.

Email College Board any questions we can't answer. Call them if you can afford to.

Hope this helps.

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:21 am: Edit

My decision to do the SAT was completely out of the blue (I decided about two days ago)... it's like it was meant to happen. Everything seems to be falling into place now. Sometimes I pressurise myself on purpose, because I'm a bit of a procrastinator otherwise.

So it's all good... thanks for the words though!

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:52 pm: Edit

"Yes, you will be able to see your scores online, once your answer sheet has been scored. Please take you a completed registration form with you to the test center."

Hmm... well no more worrying about this then. Back to my 10 Real SATs.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page