STANDBY TESTING QUESTIONS PLZ

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: STANDBY TESTING QUESTIONS PLZ
By Akaflex (Akaflex) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Hey guys, i was totally shocked with my october sat score. My math score was unbelivably low then it should be. I was almost confident i was 750 +, but i ended up with a 660 and now im furious and i think sumthing went wrong! or i just bubbled sumthin else then wat i ment i dunno but its there! So my question is....

If i want to be a standby in nov1st how does it work...

Since i didnt study after i took the oct 11th test i might end up with a lower score, hopefully not but if i do would that make it look bad?

By Thorne4rester (Thorne4rester) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:16 pm: Edit

I will be taking the November test on standby. It costs an extra $30 or so.

See here:
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/reg/circum/standby.html

I just went to a local community college and picked up a registration packet. Your high school will also have them.

Your chances are almost certain you will get in to take a test. Choose a larger testing center where you know there will be many people who don't show up.

You still have one night and four days to study. I'm taking a test out of 10 Real Sat's every day. Just be diligent.

Your lower score question is a personal call. I'm going to a state university and need to qualify for a guaranteed 100% scholarship, so I will be taking it.

By Satquestionguy (Satquestionguy) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Hey Thorne4rester,

I am going to take the SAT II on standby this Saturday also. I have a question, maybe you can help. Do you HAVE to fill out those registration booklet forms? I heard that all you have to do is bring the check and fill out your information at the test center.

By Thorne4rester (Thorne4rester) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Hey,

I am following their instructions exactly. Have a completed, sealed registration packet. I am confident you will be turned away otherwise.

I took the ACT on standby this past weekend... a fellow tester was coldly denied because he didn't have a completed packet. No one will wait for you.

Hope this helps.

In case you're wondering why I constantly test on standby... procrastination! :)

By Akaflex (Akaflex) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Do u think i would forget much after a 3 week lack of prepartion, but before that i studied INTENSLY and throughout the summer nonstop u think i would lack the stamina and forget sum materials, or am i ok?

By Satquestionguy (Satquestionguy) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:10 pm: Edit

LOL. Well, if you want to register for the December SAT, there is only three days left!

Thank you for your help. Just out of curiosity, is the registration bulletin in those packets in a guidance counselor office that are just about general info about registering/taking the SAT or is there some other specific form?

By Thorne4rester (Thorne4rester) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

I don't think it comes in a packet. I have a yellow and blue "magazine-sized bulletin booklet" that says "Register for the SAT" on it. Stapled inside, you should find a registration envelope with a form in it. You could find it in a guidance counselor office.

"LOL. Well, if you want to register for the December SAT, there is only three days left!"

Hahah, thanks man.

By Satquestionguy (Satquestionguy) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Thanks a ton.

By Mun9 (Mun9) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

Can you can take the SAT IIs standby?

By Satquestionguy (Satquestionguy) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Yeah. That's what I'm doing.

By Wharton1986 (Wharton1986) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 02:05 am: Edit

ok.
this discussion has proved really helpful.
i am planning to go as a standby for the november test.
now im an international student and our school or any other place for that matter doesnt have registeration forms.

so is there any site out there,where we can actually print the sat registeration form out.

thorn4mester,satquestionguy and alfflex please could u help me out here as soon as possible cuz i need to give the test in like 20 hours.

thanks a lot.

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:00 am: Edit

I'm an international student, and my school doesn't have the registration form; I picked it up from the American Embassy, and I suggest you call them up and check it out.

I don't know of a site where you can print it out, and I highly doubt something like that would exist/work, since the form goes through a scantron and all.

By Satquestionguy (Satquestionguy) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:17 am: Edit

Wharton, I heard that international people can't do standby. I'm not postive but thats what i heartd.

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:34 am: Edit

I'm international, and I'm doing it standby. I called up the centre and they said yeah, just come in early with a completed application and you passport, and hopefully you'll be able to do it (no guarantees, etc, etc)...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page