Calling on Xiggi, important question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Calling on Xiggi, important question
By Matlm (Matlm) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Xig, since you seem 2 be god around here (literally, not sarcastically), I have a question.

I was recently going through Barrons math review concepts and this weekend I stopped doing them because my math score didn't go up at all.

Im taking the test saturday, and am allready six sections behind.

Was it pointless for me to be reviewing the concepts in the first place? Should I have been focusing all my attention on just taking practice tests and zeroing in on my problem spots?

Should I continue to study the concepts even though I am behind, or just focus on practice tests from now till saturday?

thanks !

By Miseryxsignals (Miseryxsignals) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 03:19 pm: Edit

same here. Actually got a raw score 2 points lower on my second practice test, AFTER reviewing (well... deep skimming) the concepts in the book. I dont know whats up, i've heard the barron's books are hard.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 04:58 pm: Edit

You would be wise to focus on the 10 RS -or any other College Board disclosed tests.

Make sure to check the answers, even the correct ones. If it is unclear, go to the source books or post the question on the board.

It will pay off to be proactive in your preparation.

By Cleanfreak (Cleanfreak) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

does collegeboard have those $4.00 sat service available. please inform me asap!

By Matlm (Matlm) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

So your suggesting to forget about review?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page