Retake 770 Math IIC or Writing 730???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Retake 770 Math IIC or Writing 730???
By Sethriddley (Sethriddley) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 07:43 pm: Edit

Consider for the very top schools - HYP.

My other scores are 1520 SAT I and 780 Bio.

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

If you really really want to retake something, the writing is the obviously the one to work on... it's the most "coveted" of the SAT II's and will be included in the SAT I in less than two years, anyway.

Although, if you're going for engineering or something, the writing is fine...

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:08 pm: Edit

still if you can do much better, take it. improving by 10 points will make you look like an idiot though, because people rarely retake sat2s, and if they do they're expected to improve.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:11 pm: Edit

770 is a terrible score. ALWAYS retake a 770 or else your application would be ruined.

By Sethriddley (Sethriddley) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:16 pm: Edit

I love the sarcasm Jason. No, really, I do.

Thanks for the advice.

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:36 pm: Edit

why is writing the most "coveted" of the sat iis?

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Most schools that require SAT IIs almost always require the Writing. Plus, writing is one of those things that is used in EVERY major, hence its importance.

By Lt_Clyde_Frog (Lt_Clyde_Frog) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:48 pm: Edit

I got a 630 in writing, should i retake, i'm applying for top schools and my math and science sat II are high. I'm not a bad writer, but the i could think of anything to write and ran out of time, and spent to much time on grammer errors.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page