To all people who think Oct SAT I is easy

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: To all people who think Oct SAT I is easy
By Mythologist (Mythologist) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 01:58 pm: Edit

Actually i found the oct sat i much easier than the ones i had done before. i'm chinese and i immigrated to canada 3 years ago. u.s. colleges had never crossed my mind until sept this year, which also happened to be my senior year. math had never been a problem for me but verbal is just a pain in the ass. i had done basicly every sat sample test i could find, and for the first 10 sats or so, my score is always a bit lower than 1400. over the month, i had improved my score by 40 points, which means my average is about 1420 or 1430. the best score i have ever got over the 20+ practices is 1460. so 1500 was just a shock. do a lot of you find this test a lot easier than the ones in 10 real sats or other practice ones? to me it's because of the passages. there wasn't any "excerpts" and ther was any, it would just kill me.

By Trex2004 (Trex2004) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:07 pm: Edit

actually i thought January's math was easier than Oct's math. Verbal was not too bad, but not easy. i thought the 10 reals were easier than this test.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:14 pm: Edit

I thought the math was MUCH easier but the verbal was harder.

By Me1 (Me1) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:18 pm: Edit

I thought it was easy in comparison to the others. I improved 110 pts. from April & the only prep. I did in that interval was 2 of 10 Real SATs for a review the week before.

By Mythologist (Mythologist) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:40 pm: Edit

well i find math harder than the ones i used to practice (not really "harder" but the last gridin - the one that's 2<x<3 actually required me to write down something on the paper lol) the verbal i thought is much easier.
p.s. wut's the chance of learning both assiduous and diligent on the way to the test center :P?

By Iamthewalrus (Iamthewalrus) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:02 pm: Edit

Math was really easy on this test

I went from a 720 to a 800

I thought the Verbal was hard (esp. the critical reading)

By Bart_Simpson22 (Bart_Simpson22) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

I felt like the critical reading required more thought this time around.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Oct. was my third time. I thought the verbal was very easy (got a 700). I thought the math was the hardest out of the three times I have taken it (680).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page