December or january to take the SAT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: December or january to take the SAT?
By Yz16 (Yz16) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 10:34 am: Edit

either month get a boost considering all teh seniors will be out of the way for january?
or any thoughts at all about lucky months (i'm taking it in December anyway so this is only half-serious)?

By Yz16 (Yz16) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 08:56 am: Edit

anyone?

By Intellect101 (Intellect101) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 01:17 pm: Edit

same question.

By Bdiddy (Bdiddy) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 04:55 pm: Edit

All the tests are curved to scale. It doesn't matter what month you take it because each test is practically equal. But I'd say get it out of the way before Christmas. So go with December.

By Yz16 (Yz16) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 05:13 am: Edit

thanks bdiddy, i will be doing so.
but the curve would be harsher with smart seniors is what i'm saying...

By Xitammarg (Xitammarg) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 05:23 am: Edit

I respectfully submit that the "smart"est seniors took the test before their senior year--in my experience, it's usually the least prepared who take the test at the last minute. (Not that they're smarter or less smart than anybody else, but it's rare for a person to do very well at the very last moment.)

So I wouldn't worry about it, even if the curve were a factor--the people who set the curve take the test all throughout the year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page