One week to study

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: One week to study
By Justinfiddler (Justinfiddler) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:31 am: Edit

i'm taking math 2c in november

what can i expect to get?

i passed amc, and took aime.
and i'm in calculus.

is 750 reasonable?

By Mz_Sterious_510 (Mz_Sterious_510) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:35 am: Edit

amc? aime? huh?

Anyway, it depends on how well you know the material. Try taking a practice test from Barron's or Princeton Review for a rough estimate of your raw score. For your goal you will probably need to aim for about a 40+ raw score (maybe less).

Good luck!

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

Well if you did good on the AMC and good on AIME, you should get 800 or so because of the generous curve. However, the best way to find out is to take practice tests.

By Justinfiddler (Justinfiddler) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:45 am: Edit

does 2c try to trick you like the sat, or is it more content based.

By Mz_Sterious_510 (Mz_Sterious_510) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:50 am: Edit

It is more content-based but you should still be careful.

By Yumpop (Yumpop) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:02 am: Edit

I think 35 on Barron's is good. (it got me an 800). Just read all the questions very carefully -- make sure you know what it's asking for! Good luck.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:02 am: Edit

its much easier to get an 800 than on the SAT I math because there are no tricks, the questions are straightforward. Also, less room for stupid mistakes because you do everything on your calculator and there is a generous curve.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page