Question Concerning SAT I Retake

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Question Concerning SAT I Retake
By K516 (K516) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:02 pm: Edit

When one takes the SAT for a third time, will the new score be averaged with the previous two test scores or will the admissions officials use the two highest scores?

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

depends on school. Usually they take your highest score. Some schools pick them out so if you got 650v 750m one time and then 750v, 650m, you'll get a 1500. But i doubt most schools have formulas... it's just a couple of people looking at your report and that's it.

By Freudboy (Freudboy) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 11:02 pm: Edit

any idea which schools average? i've never heard of any doing that before.

By Xitammarg (Xitammarg) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 07:36 am: Edit

I've never heard of it either, Freudboy. Can anybody out there provide an example of a school that averages? (Or, for that matter, a school or an adcom who has said that taking the SAT more than x number of times is frowned upon?)

It's been coming up a lot lately in other threads. I'd REALLY like to know the answer to this, because if I'm wrong about it then I have a lot of people to contact and give the correct info to. :)

By Meggykewpie (Meggykewpie) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:46 am: Edit

Yeah I've never heard of a school that averages either, so what colleges?

By Xitammarg (Xitammarg) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:27 pm: Edit

bump--I really need to know about this. Please let me know if you know of any college that DOESN'T encourage you to take the SAT as many times as possible.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page