|By Anonymous2002 (Anonymous2002) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:17 pm: Edit|
Overall I am very happy with my October scores. I got an 800 IIC, 800 Physics, and 740 Writing. However, I will be applying to several ivies, and I am not sure if I should go for a higher writing score in December. What do you guys think?
|By Anubhavi25 (Anubhavi25) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit|
what are your other stats? I wouldn't fret about your writing score because, as you probably already know, it is the applicant in his/her entirety that matters.
|By Anonymous2002 (Anonymous2002) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit|
These are my stats from the "What are my Chances" board:
Grade: 12 Gender: M
GPA: 4.0 UW
Class Rank: 1/495
SAT I: 1430 740V 690M
SAT II: Writing 740 Math IIC 800 Physics 800
* denotes classes I am senior year
Human Geography, 5
United States History, 5
Calculus BC, 5
Language and Composition, 5
Physics B, 5
Literature and Composition*
Other classes of note:
Honors British Literature
Intro to Circuits and VLSI
- Varsity Debate Team, Grades 10-12, Captain 12th
- Science Olympiad, Grades 11,12, State Finalist
- Student Advisory Board 12
- National Honor Society, Grades 11,12
- Misc. Community service from NHS
- Volunteer regularly at public library
- Tennis Team, 10
- Physics Bowl, 11
- Audio technician at JHS for annual renaissance festival 10,11,12
- Do various computer repair, installation, and networking for people who call me up and pay me.
- Job at HP designing microchips. Part time school year, full time summer.
- National Merit Semi-finalist
- AP Scholar with Honor
- Finalist at 2+ major debate tournaments
- National Forensics League Degree of Distinction
- Academic Letter 10,11
- Presidential Academic Award 9
I have excellent letters recommendation, and my essays will be fairly good.
BTW, I will definitely be taking the SAT I's again in November. Hopefully that 690M will be greatly improved.
|By Becca (Becca) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit|
that all depends on what kinda debater u r ;) if ur a CXer, u won't get into any colleges, but if you're an LDer.. u'll be set for HYPS jk jk.. anyway, don't bother retaking the writing, a 740 is very good if anything, i'd think about retaking the SAT 1 for a higher math score, i mean, u obviously can do math cuz u got a 800 math 2c, so..
|By Anonymous2002 (Anonymous2002) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit|
lol. Yes, I am a CXer. :-D But at least I am not a wall-talker.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|