How's SAT II Literature?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: How's SAT II Literature?
By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 01:11 pm: Edit

I've noticed that few people have taken the SAT II Literature. I'll be taking it in 8 days--does anyone have any comments on the test?

By Entropie (Entropie) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:55 pm: Edit

it's usually very difficult from what ive seen.

By Brokenangel (Brokenangel) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:00 pm: Edit

I didn't think it was that bad, but a lot of people thought it was difficult. I got a 700, but I thought I did better.

By Inaspaho (Inaspaho) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:07 pm: Edit

how does sat2 go??? is it harder than the real first sat.. who has taken it can someone let me know somethings about it?thanx

By Inaspaho (Inaspaho) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:13 pm: Edit

does anyone know what it takes to go to harvard?

By Brokenangel (Brokenangel) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:15 pm: Edit

A lot of luck.

By Curious42886 (Curious42886) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

I got an 800 on the October literature test.

By Shilpa1125 (Shilpa1125) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 01:19 am: Edit

It's really difficult, but if you took AP English, that will really help. It's a lot like the multiple choice on the English Language AP Exam, but also includes poetry.

By Clipse (Clipse) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:56 pm: Edit

Curious42886 how did u get an 800, what did u use to study?

By Curious42886 (Curious42886) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

I didn't study: I just read the questions carefully.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

What kinds of questions are on the literature section? I need another SAT II and this may be it, but I know nothing about it. Especially poetry. If anyone could explain basic poetry terms PLEASE, PLEASE do. I'm desperate ;)

So desperate that I am forfeiting an awesome party to do SAT prep. Ewwww.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

What kinds of questions are on the literature section? I need another SAT II and this may be it, but I know nothing about it. Especially poetry. If anyone could explain basic poetry terms PLEASE, PLEASE do. I'm desperate ;)

So desperate that I am forfeiting an awesome party to do SAT prep. Ewwww.

By Alextmw (Alextmw) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 10:48 pm: Edit

The Literature test is like the SAT I Reading Comp section in that you really cannot study for it, unless words like 'irony' or 'melancholy' are new to you :D

I thought it would be easy... it sucked hard. Well, see the 'official' Literature thread for my comments. Basically, a 780 after a very intense and depressing 60 minutes. It's a big risk, this test. If you know you did well with the SAT I Reading Comp, and you're a good English student, then consider taking this. But look for 3 other strong subjects first. This was my 5th and my third best, it just happened to suit me pretty well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page