SAT I Scores sucked.. Need some advice..

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SAT I Scores sucked.. Need some advice..
By Mkhan (Mkhan) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 11:04 am: Edit

I totally screwed up my Oct SAT (610m 620v). I was expecting 1400ish as thats what all the practice tests indicated. My math on ALL my practice tests were 750+ and my math is much stronger than my verbal. Im not exactly sure what happened but anyways..
1) its too late to register for the nov test
2) december test im taking the sat iis
3) i need to take the sat iis again as 4 separate subjects are required
4) if i take sat ii on jan (instead of sat i) my sat i scores are stuck as is.
I was applying to Wash U Stl, Rice, UMKC, U Maimi, and U Kansas (safety). Is this bad sat score going to create another serious hurdle? I already took ACT but i only scored a 29. Taking again on Oct 25.
Is it possible to test standby for SAT i? If so, what exactly are the procedures to test as standby? Any help would be appreciated as my stress level is through the roof..

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:52 pm: Edit

I know how you feel--I scored 760 on my last practice math, and got 680 on the real thing. Damn!

By Magoo112 (Magoo112) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:48 pm: Edit

For standby, you gotta make sure the test center offers it....

If they do, just fill out the form, put it in an envelope, and when you arrive be the first one in and tell the persony ou are a standby test taker. Then you just sit down and take it.

It costs $30 extra

By Xdebugger (Xdebugger) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 04:57 pm: Edit

I think the October SAT is harder than the others.. Maybe the curve is harsher. I studied very very hard for verbal in august and september and scored 10 point less!

By Yeahyeah (Yeahyeah) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 05:31 pm: Edit

I WENT DOWN 90 PTS FROM A 1420 TO A 1330!!!! i still cant believe this...do yall know if anybody has ever foudn a mistake through the hand scoring option that collegeboard has? i want to see if there was a mistake made

By Jens (Jens) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

Usually there is a range, and if u take a harder test w/ a harsher curve, ull get the lowest of ur range. mistakes r not often, so i wouldn't count on it, but contact College Board ASAP if u think there was one.

By Mkhan (Mkhan) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if they usually let people test on standby? Does it depend on if someone who registered shows up or not? How does standby testing work? 30$ extra really stinks :( That puts me at 180$ for just standardized testing (not including AP). What a waste of money.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page