How can I improve my SAT score?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: How can I improve my SAT score?
By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 04:57 pm: Edit

I just got shocked really. I got a freaking 1240 on my SAT I really need tips on how to bump up my score to a 1300 for a meager chance at NYU in my senior year. PLEASE HELP

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:00 pm: Edit

I used the Kaplan CD thing and raised my math score from 630 - 740.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

yeah you're screwed. It really depends on what you wanna raise. Math is fairly easy to raise. I went from a 610 on freshie psat to now 750 Plus on practice tests, all that through practice. A test a month will do it, just review your answers carefully, learn more strategies. Unlike the verbal, math can be imporoved through practice in a short period of time. I haven't had much success with verbal, i had a 430 in freshie year, 580 in sophomore but only because i had been in the US for like 2 months when i took it first. Now i'm scoring around 620(junior), but vocab seems to be raising my score to 650.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

thanks for BEING SO STRAIGHTFORWARD.... i know i'm screwed... anyway... trying to cool to down here.... I got a 610 on my verbal :(. I dunno how to increase it... HELP ME RUBENIZM.... What can I do to increase my math? I'm hoping to take my SAT again on January or December.. Is it possible for a quick fix...

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

practice practice and practice. That's how i improved mine. Read a good sat book's math section. Take a practice test, review all your answers. Make sure you completely understand a question then move on, chances are you'll get the next one like that right. There is really a limited number of concepts on the sat... that's why they're changing it, it's just too easy to prestudy for it.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:33 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page