Does anyone know about the National Achievement Scholarship

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Does anyone know about the National Achievement Scholarship
By Ratserutuf (Ratserutuf) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 08:42 pm: Edit

program for black students. i was just wondering if anyone knew what the cut-off score on the psat would have to be in illinois to become an achievement semifinalst.

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 09:05 pm: Edit

there's no cut off score..it's based on percentiles. I think this year there were collectively 1,600 students who were selected as semi-finalists. my friend and I scored somewhere about 95%tile and both got nominated. U might want to look at collegeboard's website. Good luck. If you have any other questions..post away

By Smartmika (Smartmika) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 09:07 pm: Edit

That's insane. I think that the "National Achievement Scholarship" is blatant racial profiling. Statistically, blacks do worse than whites, yes, but there are also many underpriveleged whites in America.

We can never truly be equal if you can get special college money because of the color of your skin. It enrages me to see that little box on the PSAT to check if you're black--as it is completely racist.

Michael

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

I think there are around 6,900 finalists, when all is said and done for.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page