Math IC or IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Math IC or IIC
By Otterpop (Otterpop) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Sorry if my question has been addressed before; I tried finding people who have simliar questions but couldn't.

I took Math IC in June and got a 670 and I'm really not pleased. Right now I'm in Precal and I'm not sure if I should take IIC and IC. I'm already signed up for IC and writing in november. Do I have enough time to prepare for IIC? Also, I don't have a graphing calculator and I don't really know how to use one. My brother has some complicated HP crap that I don't know how to use. Is it really that helpful to have a graphing calculator on the IIC? And if so, would you recommend going out and buying a Ti-83 or something? Is 2 weeks even enough time??

Thanks.

By Justice (Justice) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 05:51 pm: Edit

No you're much better off taking the IC again than trying to study for IIC in two weeks. IIC, unlike IC and SAT Math, is heavily dependent on calculator technology and it is often difficult to come close to finishing the test without good experience. I strongly advise against IIC.

By Otterpop (Otterpop) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 02:24 am: Edit

How about for the December SAT II? Would you recommend taking IIC in December? I just really hate the IC curve; it sucks. I'm going to take IC in two weeks, and I might take IIC in December. What do you think?

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 01:09 pm: Edit

If you haven't completely finished Precalc, take 1C.

By Otterpop (Otterpop) on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 08:32 pm: Edit

We'll be reviewing for our final during December, so I'm guessing we'll be at LEAST 80% done with the course. Do you think I should take IIC in December?

Also, is there any such thing as taking too many SAT IIs? I have already taken Writing, IC (670, must improve), and U.S. History. That was in June. In November I am taking Writing and IC again, and maybe Literature. Would taking another SAT II in December hurt my chances at getting into a school?

Thanks. Also, is there enough time to learn how to use a Ti-83 (or should I get an 89? remember, i've never used a graph. calc. before)? My teacher doesn't allow us to use calculators, so are calculators of any help anyway?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page