2 Caculators on Math IIC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: 2 Caculators on Math IIC?
By Miseryxsignals (Miseryxsignals) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:35 pm: Edit

hey all, i was wondering if it was possible to simultaneously use 2 calculators on the Math IIC portion of the SAT II. I've been using a ti-83 for the past few years, but last weekend i went out and got a ti-89 after reading about how great it is on this board. Its a great machine and all but im afraid i might not be completely adept with it by november 1st, so i was wondering:
Could i use both the ti-83 AND the ti-89 at the SAME TIME?
i know i can use one or the other if the 'batteries go out' but can i have both on the table and operating simultaneously?
thanks in advance

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:49 pm: Edit

you may

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Yes..I always have my TI89 and a scientific calculator with me...I usually keep a list of formulas open on my 89, and use it for the complex things..and for simple adding or subtracting I use my scientific since its quicker.

By Jason (Jason) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I was about to ask the same question before the previous SAT...

Anyway, I used two calcs last time no problems. I'm not sure if the College Board has an official standing about the use of two calcs at once, but the test supervisor didn't care.

By Anduin (Anduin) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 02:48 am: Edit

You can have two calculators when you go in. However, you can only use one of them at a time, and you can switch if your batteries go out. So even if you were to lie and say that your batteries had run out so that you could use your other calculator (I don't know why you would), you likely couldn't switch back.

By Deepak (Deepak) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

i was able to ?
probably depends on the proctor

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 01:58 am: Edit

What so special about the 89?

By Miseryxsignals (Miseryxsignals) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:09 pm: Edit

it does all kinds of neat stuff. like solve for variables in algebraic equations, factor/expand, find zeroes, find exact answers (in fractions/roots/pi instead of decimals) and you can get really cool programs that help a lot with time. Basically its a replacement for your brain, except 100x better and faster... once you get to know how to use it, which i am working on

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page