Here's a suggestion for AP Bio...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Here's a suggestion for AP Bio...
By Smiley (Smiley) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 10:30 pm: Edit

I took AP Bio last year, as a junior. Having not had intro bio, I was a bit overwhelmed. At the end of the year, my class had not gotten to 10-20 of the 55 chapters. I knew absolutely not a thing about plants and almost nothing about animals. I was sure I'd do badly on the AP exam and whined to my teacher that I didn't want to take it. He told me I didn't have to but might as well.... Although I had gotten an A in the class, I thought he was crazy to think I might do well. Somehow, I got a 5. The reason I did well was because I knew the things that we had done really, really well.

Here's the moral of my long and wordy story: For AP Bio, don't worry about knowing every topic... You only have to get around 60% of the questions right. So I think it's a lot easier to know 70% of the material 90% well than 90% of the material 70% well. In other words, don't stress over all the tiny details (or major topics) you don't know... You'll be fine :-)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page