AP Latin 2003 Free Response

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: AP Latin 2003 Free Response
By Nopants (Nopants) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Hey, can someone help me with this question? My teacher assigned it as a homework assignment.

Its basically "is the words neglegentem and insulsa fitting for Catullus and the girl friend of his companion, respectively?"

Or can anyone tell me where I can find sample responses to AP questions?

By Nopants (Nopants) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Can someone help plz?

By Anduin (Anduin) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 02:13 am: Edit

I am pretty sure that you can't find sample responses online. However, you can buy old tests (including sample responses) from the College Board, but I don't know what the process is or how much it costs.

I'd say that those words are less than fitting for Veranius's girlfriend. Insulsa seems to be in the same vein as Catullan buzzwords like lepidus/illepidus and venustus/invenustus. But Catullus is calling her "careless" and "tasteless" mostly out of annoyance at the fact that she has caught him in a lie. She might well be a bad person, but these insults are borne of frustration rather than of a true understanding of her character.

By Apg (Apg) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Go Here: AP Central You will be prompted to set up an account.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page