Barrons harder for everything?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Barrons harder for everything?
By Chinesegirl (Chinesegirl) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Hi CC!! i was just wondering if barrons books were harder for all subjects. Is it true? if not, which books is it hardest for?

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Here is a novel idea: Why don't you spend a bit of time and read the board? This question has been asked a bunch of time and the book does not change that often.

Here is what you do:

1. Click on message search
2. Type the following
Search for: Barron's
Search topic: ACT Tests and Test Preparation
Look in: Subject
Type of page: Pages containing messagesPages with or without messages

You'll will get a list of 36 messages and it will take you a lot less time to read the past messages than to post similar questions one after another.

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:21 pm: Edit

Well I wouldn't say its harder for all subjects... like for SAT II Writing, it isn't harder or easier.

The only Barrons I've found harder out of all the Barrons books I've used (which isn't that many) is SAT II US History.

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:24 pm: Edit

it was damn hard for ap comp sci. i took a practice exam and i got 28/40 multiple choice questions right and i went into the test hella nervous. but i found the actual ap to be MUCH easier than barron's made me think.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

People are right... It's a good thing LOL ... Although many people say that AP Environemntal science book is crap, it's pretty good to me.. Just buy a textbook and buy a guide from awesomeguides.com w/ ap environmental LOL

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 09:02 pm: Edit

It's funny how there was one (not so nice) comment, and then a string of helpful ones.

To add to those, yes: The Barrons are tough, but they definately help come test time. As someone put, you'll walk into the test center thinking the best mark you'll hit is a 600, and three hours later you'll walk out with a score in the 750-800 range.

By Chinesegirl (Chinesegirl) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 05:14 pm: Edit

Thanks everyone!!!!....and for xiggi, i did i message search except i found billions of past messages, i thought some people would be nice enough to just answer a quick q for me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page