Special accomodations

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Special accomodations
By Worriedmom37 (Worriedmom37) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:59 pm: Edit

Hi! Anybody heard about special accomodations (dictionary and extra time) for non native english sperakers? Last year college board rep told me on the phone that its up to school, if they consider you are not fully proficient in english, they might let you use special accomodations, this year I am calling there - they are telling me - "no way".

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 04:53 pm: Edit

That is a new one! After the ADD fraud, now we can expect the EDD or English Deficit Disorder syndrome. :)

Oops, I am sorry Worriedmom37 ... I did not mean to make fun of your question. I do not know what the College Board Rep might have put in his pipe that day but that will obviously never happen. The SAT tests mathematical AND English reasoning skills and evaluates your chances of success in English-speaking colleges. Taking an English test with a dictionary and extra time does not seem too logical!

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:00 pm: Edit

Extra time is available for illnesses and what not. There is no such thing as using a dictionary on an SAT.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page