Changing SAT II Subject @ test center

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Changing SAT II Subject @ test center
By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

I was reading the collegeboard website...is it really possible to go in there on test day and ask to change one of your subject tests to another one as long as it has nothing to do with listening which mine doesnt cuz im not taking any kind of language test.

I just want to switch from US History to Literature. Is this possible on that day. Do I have to pay if I do this at the test center?

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:46 pm: Edit

take us history!

By Shilpa1125 (Shilpa1125) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:47 pm: Edit

You can do it on the test center. You don't have to pay unless if you take an extra test, which they would then bill you for later. You can sign up for only the Literature test, and then come in and take US History, Physics, and Biology, and all they would do is bill you for it later.

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

Well, I was looking through the US History practice tests in my Kaplan book and I FINALLY came to the realization that I hardley knew the answer to maybe one question per page and all the other questions I had no idea. I took AP US History last year and there is just not enough time (Nov. 1st) to rememorize everything and im scared..

I looked at a literature practice test and it looks similar to reading comprehension...so I guess I would rather do that...I just dont know what else to do b/c I need writing, math, and then a 3rd one of my choice and I dont speak any of those languages so its either lit., history, or a science, and I dont remember my biology and chemistry classes because I took those 2 years ago! ugh.

Theres only 2 weeks before SAT II's im freaking out. :-/

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:08 am: Edit

So, if I am already registered for Writing, Math IIc, and US History, On the morning of the test day..I can change the math to IC, and change history to literature and I would not need a credit card or anything with me on test day?

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:16 am: Edit

you don't even need to tell the proctor, just take the tests.

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:24 am: Edit

wow thats so un-official.. I didnt know it worked that way.

By Culovv (Culovv) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:00 am: Edit

at least you arent as screwed as me... taking my sat 2 on nov 1 also for math, writing, and us history... i ordered all 3 barrons books but i wont get any of them until at least oct 23. Giving me around 1 weeks to study my ass off while taking 8 classes and having a shitload of hw... looks like im gonna be getting little sleep these upcoming weeks...

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:05 am: Edit

Well I am sortof in the same situation so I try to get all my hw done in PE, at break, at lunch, in the car, in other classes (people are really starting to view me as a nerd) so that I can clear my afternoons for SAT practice.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:55 am: Edit

I'm in the exact same position as you ALex, I had APUSH 2 YEARS AGO!!! Yeah, I don't remember anything.

By Noshiksagoddess (Noshiksagoddess) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Culovv,
My advice is to concentrate on the US History. After that, Math. The grammar on the writing test is very basic, and as long as you read the essay prompt correctly (apparently it was a problem!) and can relate it to some work of literature or historical event, you'll be fine. The History exams, you need to know facts and causes and that requires memorization---put more of your brain into that. I signed up for the World History SAT2 and then realized I'd never taken a World History class. I read the book (I think it was Barrons) through completely and got a 700---miracles do happen! Math---well, don't listen to me about math, I'm awful at it.

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:57 pm: Edit

But it looks like literature is just reading the poems and stories and answering the questions... i did take ap english and learned quite alot....but history requires u to look back at these specific events that I simply cant memorize in 2 weeks.

By Noshiksagoddess (Noshiksagoddess) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Alex,
I would suggest you take lit. I would suggest everyone take lit, because lit is the greatest SAT2---it's so much fun. But do watch out, it requires much more attention to nuance than the SAT2 critical reading sections. I only managed a 760 even though I felt really good about the test. Ah well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page