Language SAT II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Language SAT II
By Cjw (Cjw) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 02:43 am: Edit

I was born and raised in America, but in my household we speak Chinese. I am acing my Chinese class at school (I have already taken 3 years of it), and am planning to take my SAT II in Chinese, because I think I will do pretty well. Is this a good idea? I hear that the colleges see I'm Chinese and it looks bad on my part because it shows I'm not trying to learn a new language.

By Justice (Justice) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 09:44 am: Edit

Yeah take it. There are many ABCs in the same situation as you who are terrible at Chinese. I see no reason not to get an advantage over them.

By Yz16 (Yz16) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit

hey, i was born and raised for the first half o fmy life in America, and then moved to China, but chinese isn't spoken at home or at school (beside chinese classes). If you ace it, you'll look better than me even if i do since on paper it looks like Chinese is my first language : ). Good luck to you, i'm taking it in a week.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page