I took my SAT with SSD, how will it be curved?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: I took my SAT with SSD, how will it be curved?
By Matlm (Matlm) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 08:19 pm: Edit

I took my SAT today, because I am a student with learning disabilities. It was completly different than the tests that you guys took on saturday, In fact I didnt even have an experimental section.

My question is how will my test be curved? Will it be curved based on only the people who took the test that i took?

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

The curve is determined before you took the test. Your equalizer is to have more time.

PS You do not have an experimental section because it would not make any sense to make the test longer for you and they could not use the data anyhow.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 08:29 pm: Edit

I don't understand why I didn't get an experimental section?

I thought the curve was determined after all the tests were graded because I saw people saying "thanks for helping the curve" to people to got wrong answers. Was I Misleading?

By Ivybound (Ivybound) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Xiggi just answered why you didn't get an experimental section.

Check the collegeboard.org site to see if you can find an answer about the grading curve. I don't remember.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

It is done before the test.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page