Captcalculus do you have the scale?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Captcalculus do you have the scale?
By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

Did your sister take the December 01 SAT? In that case can you post her math score and her raw score. Thank you!

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 06:34 pm: Edit

yes, i have her score report.

74/78 raw score verbal-760
42/60 raw score math-600

By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

I have never seen such a terrible verbal scale. I did not think it was super difficult, but I also did not think it was the easyest verbal ever.

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:02 pm: Edit

also, one other thing. i was reading the inside pages of the score report, and found this: "Your score does not depend on how well others did on the same edition that you took."

I think the scale will stay the same, unfortunately. i doubt they will round up the students to have difficulty imput again for the same verbal section.

By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

in the other thread you aid that she had three wrong and one ommited. Technically, this would give a raw score of 73/75 correct?

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

wait, can someone translate that scale into a, u know, one of those full-fledged scales?

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

i meant 74 out of 78 raw points. yes, around 73 75.

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

what would that be in

78-
77-
76-
75-
74-
73-

format?

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Gaby~

It is an exercise in futility to try to predict your score:

1. You do NOT know what your score is because the answers known to date are NOT necessarily correct and several "consensus" answers will probably be off the mark.

2. Even if you knew your exact score, nobody, and I repeat nobody -except ETS- has a clue how to predict the scale that will be used on the test.

Your only option is to drink a caipirinha and let the cachaça help you relax until October 23!

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

i dont know. they never released question/answer service, since they wanted to reuse it. all i know is verbal raw score of 74 yielded a surprisingly low score of 760. all but one test in 10 real sat's gives 800 for 74, the other gives 790

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

hahahahahahaha

ai, chris, ure always funny with ur bar/cuisine commentaries.

too bad im abstemious, hahaha.

By Mk1o3o (Mk1o3o) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit

thats a scary verbal curve to look forward to if its true. i want to know whether the curve will stay the same.

By Smartmika (Smartmika) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Wait, wouldn't the curve change each year depending on how well people did compared to 2001? Perhaps people had more problems this year.

Wouldn't that offset the curve? I'm perfectly content waiting 10 days.

Michael

By Captcalculus (Captcalculus) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:17 pm: Edit

i dont know. once again, iread this line in the score report-"Your score does not depend on how well others did on the same edition that you took."

so i guess what they use for the scale is a student input session where they rate the questiosn 1-5 in regards to difficulty. my guess is that they wouldnt conduct one of these session again for the same test.

By I1lmatic (I1lmatic) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

the curve will be different for us becasue it will be based on the peformance of a different group of testers.. also how do you know for sure if the october exam was identical to december? my guess is that it's not.. sure some questions can be replicated and even a passage but i doubt this is representative of the whole test

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page