SAT cancellation: Exact wording on score report?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SAT cancellation: Exact wording on score report?
By Kjofkw (Kjofkw) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 09:00 am: Edit

I'm finding lots of conflicting messages. For anyone who has cancelled a report: What EXACTLY does it say on your score report? Some have stated it says "absent" or "scores delayed". A phone call to College Board said there is no record on your report...they only keep an internal record.

My S is contemplating cancelling the score for the SAT I. His first score was good; he just wanted to try & see if he could raise it. After taking, he knows he did worse on M & prefers to let his previous score stand alone, rather than show it went down! BUT...he does not want any record on his score report. Is that the case?

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:12 am: Edit

as long as it doesnt go down significantly (100+ pts), from what i understand, colleges will attribute this to a bad day of math testing. besides, if he thinks he did well on verbal, better than last time, why not take a chance see if he got a higher verbal score.

By Kjofkw (Kjofkw) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

He thinks the math did go down considerably (maybe 40 points), and math/science is the area he wants to pursue in college, so he feels it would be better not to show a drop.
His English score on the ACT was fantastic, so he thinks it best to leave well enough alone, send both scores, and forgo the possibility of raising Verbal on the SAT, at the expense of showing a drop in the Math score.
I tend to agree.
He's just concerned about any implications if "cancelled" shows up on the SAT score report.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page