QUESTION ABOUT CANCELLED SCORES

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: QUESTION ABOUT CANCELLED SCORES
By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 03:03 am: Edit

From the Archive...I was wondering the exact same thing.

By Mlin (Mlin) on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:18 pm: Edit

When your score reports are mailed to colleges, and you've canceled a score, does any record of the cancellation show up on the report?

If you cancel too many times might they think you're desperate for good scores or something?

Oh, and in this case, the scores were never reported to me.

thanks.

By Mlin (Mlin) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 02:58 am: Edit

PLEASE

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:57 am: Edit

nope..cancellation occurs for a reason..
colleges wont know that you have cancelled scores...

By Xitammarg (Xitammarg) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 12:29 pm: Edit

But if it's for the SAT, they won't care, either . . . they only take the highest score anyway.

By Mlin (Mlin) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:36 am: Edit

thanks Wjk323. So they don't see the record of the cancellation at all? Or do they see it, but w/no reason specified?

By Jason (Jason) on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 02:40 am: Edit

Does the same apply if you register for the SAT but don't turn up?

By Jason (Jason) on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 05:55 am: Edit

By Lvlike86 (Lvlike86) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 09:22 am: Edit

I have a question.

I took the SAT on april 2003 and got a 1190
I took the SAT again June 2003 and I got a 1410

How will the colleges view my score?
I heard from some people that they will only look at my highest score.

But I also heard that they will take all ure SAT I scores and average it. Tell me that this isn't true!

By Drusba (Drusba) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 09:40 am: Edit

You are allowed only 4 days after the test (5 total counting test day) to cancel scores after taking the test and that time ends before any mailings begin. Thus, if you timely cancel, your score goes to no one and the colleges will not know you even took the test on that day.

As to the two SAT scores, colleges generally consider only the highest score (in fact, the majority will actually take your highest math and highest verbal score from different tests). I have seen mention on internet boards of some schools averaging the test scores but I have never seen any college mentioned with such posts and have never actually found any college that does that.

By Kjofkw (Kjofkw) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 09:55 am: Edit

Drusba: I'm getting conflicting reports on what is shown on score reports (posted elsewhere on this site). Past posters have indicated their reports show "absent" or "scores delayed". I called CollegeBoard and got conflicting responses too. One said "no where in the records will it show". Another said, your report and perhaps the report sent to your highschool may say "cancelled" on it. So it makes me question EXACTLY what shows up on reports sent to colleges!?

By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:54 pm: Edit

I am getting conflicting responses too.

In my CB.com profile the cancellation record DOES show up on my score report. I have emailed them about this, 7 days, no response.

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 04:07 pm: Edit

yes, it does say 'absent' or 'score delayed'.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page