Testing stand-by

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Testing stand-by
By Bada1712 (Bada1712) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 03:50 pm: Edit

How exactly does this work? You go to a testing center and hope someone doesnt show up? And I heard it costs like $30 on top of everything else.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Yeah I need to do it too cuz I forgot to register!! the website says go early and give them the registration + money and they MIGHT give you a test if they have any more

By Bada1712 (Bada1712) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Alright thanks man. I'm glad to know you can do this, I'd be so screwed if I had to wait til December.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:09 pm: Edit

They almost always have extra tests because the College Board always sends them extra ones for this very purpose (the greedy bastards in charge of the College Board would never want to pass up an easy $30 more). The person at charge of the testing center where I went standby said he had been doing this for over 10 years and he has never had to turn anyone away (and this test site is very popular). The one negative to standby testing is that you will be the very last group to start because you have to wait until everyone of the registered people have gotten in before you will be allowed into the testing center. It's not that bad, but it is a little frustrating because you get there before most of the registered people and then you have to wait for all of them to go in which means you have over an hour to sit outside the test center and get nervous about your upcoming SATs.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

you give the money to your proctor right?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page