Avid Reader Passage: Why Left Graduate School?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Avid Reader Passage: Why Left Graduate School?
By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 08:19 am: Edit

All in all, I thought this SAT was pretty easy. Stupid mistakes nonwithstanding, I think I have around a 1500. But do anyone remember what you put for the question on the avid reader passage about why he left graduate school? Was it because he feels the reading in school are inadequate or because he prefers to read fictions instead of academic works? I thought this was perhaps the hardest verbal question and yet no ones has talked about it much.

By Arashf (Arashf) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:17 am: Edit

I don't remember the wording, but I think it was like feeling that it was inadequate or something similar.

By Bdiddy (Bdiddy) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:14 am: Edit

The antagonist in the avid reader passage was female not male.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:46 am: Edit

"Was it because he feels the reading in school are inadequate"

thats what I put

By Rohan_Gokhale (Rohan_Gokhale) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:26 pm: Edit

the answer to another question was that she would not make a good academic . this shows that she didnt agree to the style of reading, she disagreed with the "reading for facts" thing, she read for the beauty of the words alone.
hope this helps,

rohan's friend Nikhil

By Culovv (Culovv) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:31 pm: Edit

I put something about disliking that style of reading. But I also put vindication :). I still think im right on both of these.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page