Proctors Check Number of Tests?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Proctors Check Number of Tests?
By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:12 am: Edit

I was wondering,

do proctors check the number of tests you take, regardless of what's on eyour admission ticket? I was only registered to take 2 tests, but instead, decided to stay for a third hour, to try another test out. a little of the way in, i decided to quit, and erased all of the answers. I then turned the test, with the blank third test, in along with the others in the class.

Do proctors keep track of the number of tests we take, even if we leave a section blank, and are only registered for two tests?

By Apg (Apg) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 08:46 am: Edit

I'd guess that you took a good gamble.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 08:52 am: Edit

Does that mean proctors don't record the number of tests taken?

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:03 am: Edit

bump

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:37 am: Edit

If you erased all the answers to a section and left the test name coded in the top, all your scores will be cancelled.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:43 am: Edit

no, i erased everything, including the test name.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

bump

By Entropie (Entropie) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:03 pm: Edit

yes, bump i need to know the answer to this one too.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:12 pm: Edit

I've been stressing out about this the entire day now.

I really can't afford to have to take the SATII again, especially after feeling extremely confident about the first two tests I took.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:27 pm: Edit

i think.. i not sure.. that your scores will be cancelled

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:46 pm: Edit

bump

someone, please respond. this is really bothering me

By Ajhayes (Ajhayes) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 01:59 pm: Edit

You'll be fine. Don't worry. What you did is 100% valid

By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 02:03 pm: Edit

yeah, my guess is u will get the first two scored. this is one of the things i was thinking about too. technically, u could stay and take all three just to get practice, and then erase them all as if you "decided" to just tak eone that day and no one would know any way stop worrying

By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 02:05 pm: Edit

when u think about it, this is techinaclly a way to cancel any test u want. u know how they say if u cnacel one u must cancel all? well what if u bomb one of them , but dont want the others cancelled? just erase eveyrhitng off the bombed one, as if that day u decided to just take th eother two--which is 100% legal.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 02:07 pm: Edit

Yeah, that's what i was thinking too. I was just afraid that the proctor actually keeps track of the number of tests a student takes.

thanks you guys.

By Tamy (Tamy) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 02:13 pm: Edit

my friend did exactly what you did, and she got the two tests scored. don't worry.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:20 pm: Edit

Yeah, it might work, but then again the computer might catch the fact that there were SAT II sheets with 3 tests in order before yours, which has 2 tests. However, my guess is that since the proctor didn't say anything, and that you didn't do something like take 1 and 3 and erase 2 (the one you erased was the last one), you will probably be ok.

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

The tests are scored according to the order the proctor places the tests in?

Are proctors usually required to tell the student if they see somethingl ike that happen?

By Mekker3 (Mekker3) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:50 pm: Edit

I'm not sure though... bc I think the whole reason that they have the rule about if you cancel one, you have to cancel them all is so that people don't spend extra time on one and then just cancel the other.... I know YOU didn't do that... but in that extra time you had for your third, you could have...

By Johnlars (Johnlars) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Hmm..good point. That's exactly what I'm afraid of them thinking. :(

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page