Should I Cancel my score?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Should I Cancel my score?
By Tenista09 (Tenista09) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

I need some advice. Last time I took the SAT's in May I got a 620 M, 620 V. I was aiming for a 1300 this time, but I don't believe I did after having realized how many questions I skipped and got wrong in the math section. Would it be wise to cancel my scores altogether or risk getting a score of <600 in math and a better verbal score (i believe i did better in verbal this time)? I know colleges take the higher of the two, so I am guaranteed a 620 in math no matter what, but will them seeing the lower score from the oct. SAT influence their decision at all? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! (BTW I'm looking at semi-competitive colleges like Carnegie, Villanova, UVA, W&M, Notre Dame, NYU, Chapel Hill, etc.)

By Bdiddy (Bdiddy) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Most of those schools definitely are past semi-competitive. They are tough to get into. Certain admissions directors might find it strange that your score dropped considering you had the summer to study.

Don't bother canceling, because some colleges might take the best math/best verbal. So, you might luck out.

By Spiderhoney (Spiderhoney) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

I have the same problem. I got a 1300 in May.. and i am feeling not too confident about how i did today.. I think i mite get around a 1250-ish. Im retaking the test in November.. which is about 3 weeks away.

should i cancel?? or will it make no difference to college adcoms?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page